This period of development begins to address a more detailed understanding of the body, nutrition and internal state management. In this age group, there is a lot of interest and the awareness of their own physical, cognitive, emotional and social time life. This unique training includes a thorough investigation into the development of young bodies, minds and understanding of themselves and the world around them and the world within them. You will learn about the stages of childhood development, physically, emotionally, socially, and cognitively. You will learn ways to actively engage their attention, focus, creative expression, and creative imagination. You will learn to teach them yoga poses, breathing exercises, and effective use of stories, games and teaching through play.
Children this age are very imaginative, and love to move in creative ways. They need to be skillfully guided and lead right from the start. You will be taught how to move with their energy, and engage interactively with them, creating an environment of fun, exploration, and positive experience.
INCLUDED IN THIS TRAINING:
- Standard stages of development in different models of development
- Development of the whole child: physical , cognitive, emotional, social, and spiritual/energetic
- You will learn to relate those stages to the practice of yoga, creative movement and meditation/relaxation
- Lesson plans you can put to use immediately
- Detailed Class Outline
- Strategies to create safety, engagement, play and exploration, and teaching a yoga practice
- How to modify poses and adjust this age group
- How to teach meditation, classical chanting, and mudras
- how to Integrate interdisciplinary learning
- How to address multiple intelligences
- how to manage the space and environment of the classroom
- Lots of games, crafts, stories, songs and props.
- how to involve and teach the parents and family members
- This training provides 30 contact hours toward our Yoki Yoga Children's yoga Specialization Certification. The course meets YA standards.
- 30 hour Training Adults
Participating in this training give you 30 of the 90 contact hours necessary to complete Yoki Yoga 95-hour certification program. Participating in this or any of our courses does not require you to be in the certification program.